"January Main Event- The 12 Bears and I" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: "January Main Event- The 12 Bears and I" by BCKidd

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Congratulations to the winners!

Luckily my technical issues disappeared after three days as fast as they came up.
So, I will see you in one of the next competitions to make it better than this time...
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Congrats to the winners and thanks BCKidd for putting it on and Splainin for keeping a running tally on the scores. I got home from work early today and was going to do a quick grizzly run to have a final score (a crummy one, but a full scoreboard nonetheless) but it looks like my tv (read: monitor) bit the dust and I can't get a new one locally. I've ordered one and it should be here around the time my grouse comp starts, but I'm bummed I won't be able to hunt the little buggers or any rabbits in the meantime. I've got other computers I could use, but they're just not the same as my setup :cry: Oh well, that DNF really just stands for I "Did Not Find" any bears worth writing home about anyway!
EduT
Hunter

Post by EduT »

very good competition is the one I like the most, unfortunately very little time and carry out some hasty hunting ..

Unfortunately, the grizly missed that I was given the chance of 2nd place, I don't know how I missed it because at 30m and a shot from the front that hit the intestines and died instantly I still don't understand it...

congratulations to the winners and all the participants for their great effort.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

EduT wrote:Unfortunately, the grizly missed that I was given the chance of 2nd place, I still don't understand it...
I was looking at the spreadsheet Splainin kept going and I thought - "man, that sucks, that 1 small thing stuck it to you" But what it also said was, what a tight scoring comp this ended up being. That made me pay attention even harder than I was seeing what that one single HV did - But that was also a MONSTER weight. We should've been talking talking about the size of that grizz.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Great comp BC!! You've done a great job with the different comp levels from mini comps, to forum league and the monthly main events. Always keeping it fresh and challenging. Thank you!

Congrats to all who played, it was a challenge to know when to post and when to press on for another attempt. I know I really regretted posting that Grizzly.

Good to see Rad knock the rust off and have a really good go.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All Transfers have taken place and Trophies added to the winners trophy pages- the t-shirt has been added to Ppgunz' inventory- of course you know what that means- yep we want to see you wearing it in a picture pose! Thank you EW for taking the time to do the transfers. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Dr_ViEr wrote:Congratulations to the winners!

Luckily my technical issues disappeared after three days as fast as they came up.
So, I will see you in one of the next competitions to make it better than this time...
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you post a score. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Radamus wrote:
EduT wrote:Unfortunately, the grizly missed that I was given the chance of 2nd place, I still don't understand it...
I was looking at the spreadsheet Splainin kept going and I thought - "man, that sucks, that 1 small thing stuck it to you" But what it also said was, what a tight scoring comp this ended up being. That made me pay attention even harder than I was seeing what that one single HV did - But that was also a MONSTER weight. We should've been talking talking about the size of that grizz.
Aww, you really noticed? :D I'm glad it helps out! Maybe not so much that it helped you out, but for everyone else I'm glad it helps. ;) :lol:
Yes, the HV made a big difference here. I would have have the 3rd biggest black bear if mine dropped at 100% HV, and would have beaten BCKidd if it had keeled over at 50% HV! :?
TheWind7 wrote:Congrats to all who played, it was a challenge to know when to post and when to press on for another attempt. I know I really regretted posting that Grizzly.
I think that's what is so great about this specific comp... it's not just luck or skill, it is a bit of strategy and questioning your self-confidence. You know you *can* get a bigger bear- but is it worth the risk of running out of attempts? One could have always completed this in just 4 hunts and taken whatever score they got with that... but we are all competitors, and strive first to do the best we can, and then to push ourselves even harder if anyone is ahead of us. :D That's why no one can beat Team Forum!! :D :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

congratulations to all, and thank you very much for this type of competitions, they are fun.
a greeting

Return to “Competitions”