Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #22

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Smokin1
Hunter

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #22

Post by Smokin1 »

Smokin1 wrote:Well, here's my submission. Hey... I made improvements... Cool 8-)

Attempt 1: No Submission
Attempt 2: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /115339943
Attempt 3: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /115357931 improvement

Magpie Goose: (3831.1105) https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /920130132 improvement
(+)
Magpie Goose: (3971.9494) https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /920131047 improvement
(+)
Magpie Goose: (3611.2866) https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /919981663
(+)
Magpie Goose: (3735.0969) https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /920140511 improvement
(+)
Magpie Goose: (3580.1969 ) https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/smok ... /920134080 improvement

Smokin1

That was fun... Thanks again BCKidd for a fun comp. :D

Smokin1

Hey Splainin,
I noticed a slight error on the recap.... I thought maybe my calculations were incorrect... and after recounting the numbers... three times.... I notice that I had shorted myself 4 points, so my Actually Score is 18,729.6403... and for recap purposes I would be in 6th spot.... Just thought I'd throw that out there.. :lol:

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Dr_ViEr wrote:Congratulations to the winners!

I think ending up 3rd is not bad for a rookie!
I did my best and did not spoil any high scoring goose, but just have not had the luck to meet the one and only 3900+ gander, DW7 left over...

I started with the goal to reach at least 18000 and when I saw DW7's first submission I even thought not to step in at all. In the end you pushed me close to 19000, that is much more than I expected! Beside this, I could level up my dog and improved my PB.

It was fun, but have to admit, staring at a pond and honking the caller for hours just is not my style of playing. I prefer doing shorter trips of roughly 1h and changing the reserve after that. Therefore missions are more suitable for me. I will join your competitions from time to time but not as regular as the others do.
Excellent! It is always grand to see new competitors participating- even if only on occasion. I will be watching for your participation. :D

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Smokin1 wrote: Hey Splainin,
I noticed a slight error on the recap.... I thought maybe my calculations were incorrect... and after recounting the numbers... three times.... I notice that I had shorted myself 4 points, so my Actually Score is 18,729.6403... and for recap purposes I would be in 6th spot.... Just thought I'd throw that out there.. :lol:

Smokin1
Tsk, tsk, shorting yourself points is certainly a rookie mistake. It is always best to check, and then check again and one more time to be certain that you are posting the correct score. The same of course goes for links etc. I did the math for your score too and 'yes" you do have 18,729.6403. I will correct that. I'm surprised that our resident mathematician missed that. :lol: :lol: . No worries Smokin1. We'll fix it up. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Next Gen Mini-Competition R2 #22 (Unofficial) Final Score Results "Corrected by BCKidd".

~~ NAME ~~ Total
1. TheWind7 19484.1472
2. ppgunz 19161.6364
3. Dr_ViEr 18954.2854
4. BCKidd 18841.8449
5. splainin2do 18794.0458
6. Smokin1 18729.6403
7. CatznCurlz 18662.0781
8. xOEDragonx 18607.6756
9. DeadClopz 18532.3591
10. LatinJoker69 18106.5827
11. LuckyMurph 17368.6066

Well, I fixed the scores, couldn't do an edit on Splainin's post- some kind of alien encryption with squiggly lines, dots, and letters, made it impossible. :lol: But, above is the correction. From now on folks, please always double check your scores. The only ones I pay attention too are the top 3 winners, because at one time that is all that was posted. ;) Thanks.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:
Smokin1 wrote: Hey Splainin,

Smokin1
Tsk, tsk, shorting yourself points is certainly a rookie mistake. It is always best to check, and then check again and one more time to be certain that you are posting the correct score. The same of course goes for links etc. I did the math for your score too and 'yes" you do have 18,729.6403. I will correct that. I'm surprised that our resident mathematician missed that. :lol: :lol: . No worries Smokin1. We'll fix it up. ;)

BCKidd.
Did you happen to see what time the mathematician put up that post? Plus, as usual when meeting friends for a game, a couple of adult beverages were consumed. ;)

My utmost and sincere apologies to Smokin - When entering the score in my spreadsheet, it appears I hit a "7" instead of an "8" in your first goose. That's what made the math error, and it's completely my fault! :oops: Congratulations on your improved standing as well as your big geese! :D

As always, everyone - PLEASE feel free to check your scores with what I have noted, and do let me know if there are any errors. I'd rather be corrected than stay wrong! :)

Next Gen Mini-Competition R2 #22 -CORRECTED- (Unofficial) Final Score Results
(with the squiggly lines returned)
~~NAME~~Total
1.TheWind7~~19484.1472
2.ppgunz~~19161.6364
3.Dr_ViEr~~18954.2854
4.BCKidd~~18841.8449
5.splainin2do~~18794.0458
7.Smokin1~~18729.6403
6.CatznCurlz~~18662.0781
8.xOEDragonx~~18607.6756
9.DeadClopz~~18532.3591
10.LatinJoker69~~18106.5827
11.LuckyMurph~~17368.6066
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

TheWind7 wrote:BC, thanks for the comp!
Congrats to Ppgunz who is always contending and an impressive showing by Dr V, well done!

Congrats friend. You know that although sometimes I can't, I always try to give my best. Dr. V's great competition
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

BCKidd wrote: Yes it has been fun, and we have one more competitor who can participate in the "Forum League"- congrats Dr_VieR- you are now an elite competitor and can participate in all "Forum League" comps. ;)
BCKidd.
Just in case, I want to join one of those at some point: Is the permission to join permanent or does it need to be renewed, when this round of Mini-Comps is over.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Dr_ViEr wrote:
BCKidd wrote: Yes it has been fun, and we have one more competitor who can participate in the "Forum League"- congrats Dr_VieR- you are now an elite competitor and can participate in all "Forum League" comps. ;)
BCKidd.
Just in case, I want to join one of those at some point: Is the permission to join permanent or does it need to be renewed, when this round of Mini-Comps is over.
No joining anything, just have to be on the leaderboard, which looks like you are now! - go huntin and post the score! Simple as simple can be!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Radamus wrote:No joining anything, just have to be on the leaderboard, which looks like you are now! - go huntin and post the score! Simple as simple can be!
You're one to talk! Where have you been? :lol:
I hope you're planning on joining us this time!
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

splainin2do wrote:
Radamus wrote:No joining anything, just have to be on the leaderboard, which looks like you are now! - go huntin and post the score! Simple as simple can be!
You're one to talk! Where have you been? :lol:
I hope you're planning on joining us this time!
To be honest, I got ps'd with the ducks and geese losing some nice ones because of dbl shots . Then I hunt ducks for 2 hours and got 30 birds and only 1 gad - I just don't have the time but to get in a hunt or 2 some times. I tried can goose for example - lost 2 or 3 8's because of 2 shots. There's no fun in that for me.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”