Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #19

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #19

Post by DeadClopz »

BCKidd wrote:
DeadClopz wrote::o Wow, I just noticed some big birds harvested, Glad to see the oatmeal trick worked for some of you :D
Had my laptop crash out on me and die. So had to hustle around to build a computer. You wouldn't believe how crazy the stores are right now, You'd think it was Christmas shopping season or something :?
So got MSI B550 Gaming GEN3 Gaming Motherboard with a AMD Ryzen 5600G cpu, 16Gb DDRAM and 1 TB harddrive thrown into a Large tower with large fans and built in night lights :?
So I have something to play on while trying to decide what route to go with laptop.
No way! Is it all ready that time of year? :lol: . Cool that you picked up a new PC- you shouldn't have any trouble playing games on that baby. The worst thing about buying new PC's is setting them up. I hate that part. So, good luck with that. ;)

BCKidd.
Saved a ton of $$ by buying each component separately. putting it together was way easier than it used to be. They have pretty much streamlined the process across the board. as you sai tho, setting it up with the OS and getting all the software and programs i use re uploaded has been a daunting task at best. Found out already that I need a new moniter, but i think i'll wait til after the holidays before venturing back into a store :roll:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: DC, so you put it together yourself? Was it complicated, or simple as replacing a Vid Card. Plug and play type deal? :?:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

BCKidd wrote::arrow: DC, so you put it together yourself? Was it complicated, or simple as replacing a Vid Card. Plug and play type deal? :?:

BCKidd.
It really is quite simple now, if you can replace a memory card or a graphics card, you can build a computer. So much easier then it used to be. The key thing is to have or buy a large tower. there is so much room. Oh ya, I did forget to mention in the last post I also bought a power supply unit. trickiest part I thought was adding the cpu to the motherboard and that was fairly straight forward. And each item came with instructions. Plus now-a-days, it's always almost a sure bet there is a youtube video out there if you run into an issue. I'll never again buy a premade desktop again. A laptop sure but never a desktop.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DeadClopz wrote:
BCKidd wrote::arrow: DC, so you put it together yourself? Was it complicated, or simple as replacing a Vid Card. Plug and play type deal? :?:

BCKidd.
It really is quite simple now, if you can replace a memory card or a graphics card, you can build a computer. So much easier then it used to be. The key thing is to have or buy a large tower. there is so much room. Oh ya, I did forget to mention in the last post I also bought a power supply unit. trickiest part I thought was adding the cpu to the motherboard and that was fairly straight forward. And each item came with instructions. Plus now-a-days, it's always almost a sure bet there is a youtube video out there if you run into an issue. I'll never again buy a premade desktop again. A laptop sure but never a desktop.
Awesome! I figured that eventually it would get easier- glad that is the case now- and good tip too regarding tower size. ;) 8-)

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”