Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #18

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #18

Post by Radamus »

splainin2do wrote:Looks like Rusty-mus is rusty on his math skills, too. The total of the last two birds are wrong (perhaps just not updated?), and bird #2 scored 24.0434, not 24.0430. Don't cheat yourself out of points! You actually have a 148.1969! ;)
Leave it to you to find that extra couple 10,000's of a point to solidify last place without doubt! :lol: ~ Honestly, that's why I didn't double check my math, because I knew YOU would do it for me :D ~ This is why you remind me of every teacher I ever had in school "Leonard has so much potential but he doesn't apply himself to his abilities" .... :lol: they just didn't understand there were more important things to concentrate on, like girls. That's where I exceeded expectations but you won't find it in any reports or documents, only in beautiful memories 8-)

DC, If I remember right, they did adjust the AI of the pheasants because they used to be much worse taking off and flying these ridiculous liftoff/angular turns/patterns that were nothing close to reality. Pheasants fly straight away when you flush them in an arcing motion. I've shot a ton of cockbirds IRL and although the game doesn't get it right, it's a lot better than it used to be. As for the moment of the A/G thing, on geese, I think it's when their feet come down (landing gear down), they are going to be a ground shot. With the longtails, IDK where the breaking point is. Can't see their feet far as I know but really haven't looked for it. I was a little surprised I got ground on the one I did.
Moral of the story is, I think it's like geese - head high and above is good below eyeline, good as running on the ground. Take away point is - shoot em in higher in the air and it doesn't affect you. If I were to put it in a real life scale of things - I'd say 3-4 feet above the ground is on the bubble and should be good - for the metric folks - more than a meter and it should be an "air" shot, 2 meters absolutely it will be air

We have geese next, lets see what we learn from that.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

And good job Ed! that's a killer score -
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Congrats to EduT, Ppgunz, and BCKidd (even though you pushed me off the podium!) :lol:

Wow really nice birds Smokin and EduT!

I struggled with the birds early on but like Splainin, I think I've got them figured out now and look forward to redeeming myself in the forum comp.
ppgunz
Hunter

Post by ppgunz »

Congratulations to all,
and yes, very good pheasants.
EduT
Hunter

Post by EduT »

thanks all... see you all on next comp...
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

Congrats to the winners. Sorry I was late

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:

Return to “Competitions”