Forum League Comp #6

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Forum League Comp #6

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Ahh-Ha- so the secret to finding the big ones = time in hunt. Mystery solved. Here I thought I was jus' that bad. :lol: :lol: 8-)

BCKidd.
You wasn't wrong.......... :? :lol:
Back on my list you go. :lol: :lol: 8-)

BCKidd.
Well, you *did* lose to the Yank, as someone might say if he was around... ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The winners of this competition are:
1st Place EduT! 6 Points with a score of 6515.0617
2nd Place CatznCurlz! 3 Points with a score of 6488.0999
3rd Place TheWind7! 2 Points with a score of 6458.5680
4th Place DeadClopz! 1 Point with a score of 6359.9155
Congratulations to each of them!
Thanks to all who took part! ;)
Here is the link to the "Forum League" PLB: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=94822 ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
DeadClopz wrote: You wasn't wrong.......... :? :lol:
Back on my list you go. :lol: :lol: 8-)

BCKidd.
Well, you *did* lose to the Yank, as someone might say if he was around... ;)
Nope, nope, I lost to more than one Yank, as well as a couple of folk from faraway places. :lol: ;) Needless to say, my list has been updated. :D :P

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
EduT
Hunter

Post by EduT »

nice comp brian, congrats all participants, in special DeadClopz for first point on this league... :D :D :D
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Congrats to EduT, Catz (nice closing flurry!), and DC who's getting points everywhere now! Thanks for the comp BC.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Being able to shoot the birds on the ground if I wanted made a HUGE difference for me! I'm thankful for that option. As two of the three 800+ birds were shot while walking, I don't think I'm the only one that was happy we could! ;) Those fartigans don't fly normally like the geese and ducks, and if there's snow falling at the same time? Forget it- they're invisible to me! :o

This was a fun comp, and I liked how the scoring was set up. It made the birds seem like they were all on the same level.
Well done, BCKidd! You are the competition master for sure!! :D Thank you for all you do!!!!

Congrats to all, and especially Edut, Catz, Wind and DC.... although you really just lucked out, DC! That one big bird was the ONLY one you got that scored high enough to knock me out of getting a point for 4th place! ;) :twisted:

Forum League #1 (Unofficial) Final Score Results
~~NAME~~Total
1.EduT~~6515.0177
2.CatznCurlz~~6488.0999
3.TheWind7~~6458.568
4.DeadClopz~~6359.9155
5.splainin2do~~6315.2599
6.xOEDragonx~~6277.125
7.BCKidd~~6159.4221
8.LuckyMurph~~6142.2898
9.St_Loki~~1815.007
10.Smokin1~~429.492

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

BCKidd wrote:Ahh-Ha- so the secret to finding the big ones = time in hunt. Mystery solved. Here I thought I was jus' that bad. :lol: :lol: 8-)

BCKidd.
Technically, mine was the fifth bird I found in my hunt, maybe 15 min in? There's more luck than skill in finding those 800s.

Now if these comps had required people to shoot them airborne, that's where the skill would have come in. I don't care for shooting them on the ground much so I hardly do it, it's much less fun ;)

Congrats to all the winners. And a very nice sneak onto the podium from Catz there in the final hours. There were a few nice ptarmigan in those last two attempts.
splainin2do wrote:xOED's big bird was airborne so it counted, but that season is over already! :shock:
That's alright, I got a little gold trophy to prove it was a good one. Even better, I can always click on that trophy and be reminded that mine was bigger than Rad's in that comp :D
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

xOEDragonx wrote:
splainin2do wrote:xOED's big bird was airborne so it counted, but that season is over already! :shock:
That's alright, I got a little gold trophy to prove it was a good one. Even better, I can always click on that trophy and be reminded that mine was bigger than Rad's in that comp :D
That's the best! :D :D

While doing this one, I ended up with a little gold trophy from one of the in game comps, too. However, mine is much less impressive - only 2 people ended up entering in it! :oops: :lol:

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

splainin2do wrote: Congrats to all, and especially Edut, Catz, Wind and DC.... although you really just lucked out, DC! That one big bird was the ONLY one you got that scored high enough to knock me out of getting a point for 4th place! ;) :twisted:
It helped me make up for that 65 turkey I shot 11 min after time limit the hunt before that i couldn't use. :lol:

CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

Congratulations everyone who won and played! Lots of nice birds harvested:)
I was in shock finding those big Willows and White-tails last minute....unfortunately not being an experienced ptarmigan/bird hunter, they were all shot on the ground. I know they were leader board birds too....as saddening as that is, I am happy to have placed in this comp.
Thanks Brian and thanks to everyone who participated and made this another competitive battle:)

Return to “Competitions”