Forum League vs EW's Community League

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Forum League vs EW's Community League

Post by BCKidd »

Banner by Fon

Okay folks- the BIG- Forum League vs EW's Community League is fast approaching. It will run for five days. We're hoping for a start date of Oct 13-Thursday (to be confirmed)- the critters will be RME, BHS, Grizzly, and MD. The scoring we're all used to- (score + weight) x hv%. One shot kill per submitted animal. Heart and/or lungs must be hit, other organs may be hit. Prize amounts are still not decided, but will be long before the comp starts. I will be competing so we need 9 others from the Forum League- if we win my winnings will be divided equally between the other competitors.

What I need now is for you to post your name if you are Forum League member and are able to participate. It doesn't matter how many names are posted. I just want to know how many of you would participate,(and are able to spend the time) and from there I'll pick the competitors via a (perquisite one tag- one shot- one attempt mini-comp.) To be the deciding factor, from where the top nine will be selected. Or I simply select our competitors via their HS and/or pull names from a hat. I want to make the competitor selection as fair as possible. So any thoughts on how we should do that is appreciated. ;)

Keep in mind if you have recently made the top ten in EW's Community League, and have been contacted by EW, then you will be participating as a Community League competitor. :)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Forum League vs EW's Community League

Post by splainin2do »

I would love to throw my name in, of course... but it would mean much more to me that Team Forum wins!! :D

My opinion is that you want to go with the strongest, most experienced players you can: high Hunterscores and top ranked. In pulling stats for the current top 15 Community League players (and there are no Forum League player overlaps):
-2 are in the top 100
-6 are in the top 500
-10 are in the top 1000

(My Hunterscore/Rank is better than only 3 on their list, and one of those is someone that hasn't even played for the past 2 weeks. :? )

When you're talking about "putting in the time"... what amount of time do you expect will be involved?

Are multi-day hunts allowed? or several rather than limited multiple attempts?
All animals must be present per hunt?
Are THEY going to allow exceptions for the "<3 minute duration/no meters travelled" connection problems?

...or am I asking too many questions? ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Colin Walker
Scout
Location: ScouseLand, United Kingdom 53°28'58.9"N 2°52'51.4"W

Post by Colin Walker »

I will put my name up of course, hope we can have a miss lol ;).

Like splainin says, what time would be needed
Season 39

Range record- Season 23, Season 25, Season 37 Dall Sheep
PB range, Xbow 580.470, Bow 471.180, Rifle 609.050 , Pistol 274.90, No scope rifle 571.280

2016 Season 16
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The comp will be through EW's comp generator. Basically it will be a five day comp from start to finish and likely only 5 Attempts. Not sure second day hunts can be or would be monitored. Missed shots will be fine- but submitted animals must only have been shot once. I also assume because the comp is through EW- that the Deactivate/Activate selection will be available.

Right off the bat I can say that those who are currently in the top four of the Forum League Points Leaderboard regardless of HS- Ppgunz, TheWind7, CatznCurlz, & myself- BCKidd have made the competitors list. It depends on if each of them can/will participate, and if so, we will still need 6 more competitors. Can each of you I have listed above give me a "Hell Yeah" and/or a "Yes" if you will be able to participate; carving your names into stone. Once that is out of the way, we can begin selecting the last 6 participants. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
EduT
Hunter

Post by EduT »

like it, u can take my name....
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

EduT wrote:like it, u can take my name....
Awesome! ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

BC-
Yes. If you guys will have me, I am definitely in for this challenge!
napeHb_c_neperapom_DK
Hunter

Post by napeHb_c_neperapom_DK »

I will be glad to participate in this competition
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

If you got a slot left , I'd be happy to join the winning (forum) team. :D
But i also wouldn't mind giving someone else a chance to compete in this one and watch / cheer for team forrum from the bench :lol:
Stats
Spoiler:
napeHb_c_neperapom_DK
Hunter

Post by napeHb_c_neperapom_DK »

I think it would be fair to hold a mini qualifying competition, where the first 6 participants would get into the main competition. Ppgunz, TheWind7, CatznCurlz, & BCKidd don't participate

Return to “Competitions”