Sound 'doubling'

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Modifly1
Tracker

Sound 'doubling'

Post by Modifly1 »

Hello all, there's been an issue plaguing me from the beginning. I will first admit that my computer is only a laptop and is not the most powerful. However it is generally pretty good at running the game and since I lowered my screen resolution (today as an experiment) I noticed my frame rate actually increase to really high levels. However, this has not cured a severe issue that continues to irritate me. When playing, there is sometimes a condition whereby the sound appears echoey and doubling over itself. Using a caller really highlights it since it never fully plays the call because of the severity of this issue. I do notice that the map I use a lot lately (Hirschfelden), particularly lowers my frame rate a bit but the truth is that I can't really tell whether the problem is frame rate, internet or something else.

The amount of technical issues existing is quite high so I don't know if this has occurred to people before but if so, help is greatly appreciated. My settings are generally pretty high with some things like Ansiostropic filtering turned down to stop the blocky texture problem.

-Thanks all.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
tbug
Outfitter

Re: Sound 'doubling'

Post by tbug »

I have the same issue. Sound reverbs and echos and at the same time, frame rate drops considerably. It seems to happen after using locator callers multiple times. It always happened on north WHI hunting turkey. Now it happens in Hirschfelden hunting grouse. Seems linked to locator callers.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

I get it sometimes with pheasants during the tutorial. It's a bit of a strange one. I threw it off as frames but as I say, nothing really seems to solve it. It's irritating since I like to use either headphones or turned up speakers and it just ruins the immersion.

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

I just tried using my Plinkington for the first time and was knocking out a whole bunch of pheasants and I noticed the problem stopped the minute I took out all of 'em. Furthermore, I went to take a trophy shot of one...and the game crashed. Thankfully everything was saved but still. Are the developers actually aware of this issue?

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

My husband had been experiencing a similar issue that was most noticeable when using the predator caller. His issue turned out to be sound driver related. A quick uninstall/reinstall of his headphone drivers did the trick.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

oooooh drivers :? Those are words I never like hearing. MS always suggests that as the issue. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try to re-download them. I'm just worried it'll screw my sound up altogether. I'm also only on my little laptop as it's the only computer I have internet on. I'll see what I can do.

bcbdrums

Post by bcbdrums »

this is very specifically a turkey, pheasant, and now grouse thing. when one of these birds is within a certain radius of the player, the sound doubles. it doesn't happen to every player though, which is curious. while i hate it, i've kinda gotten used to it now as my "bird proximity alarm" lol
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

In fact while checking my computer, one of these websites claims my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run classic :lol: It runs it pretty well on most maps. Frame rate doesn't ever drop to unacceptable levels (though I haven't tried the famous Piccabeen bay). It claims I need:
NVidia GeForce 8800 or ATI radeon HD 2400
256MB video RAM
2GHz intel or dual core
2GB of RAM

I have on my little laptop:
Intel UHD graphics 620
128MB dedicated video RAM
3.9GHz
8GB RAM

I'm a rebel, me. I made it work just fine...except for this sound issue which seems more of a glitch than a hardware problem.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”