Problems upon returning to this game

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Valrag
Spotter

Problems upon returning to this game

Post by Valrag »

Hello there...

i haven´t played classic for a long time and wanted to return to the game. But i encountered two issues. First i have to reenter my log-in everytime i open the Launcher. annoying but wouldn´t be a big issue if i was able to play afterwards.

BUT here´s my big issue and i even opened a support ticket for this. But they couldn´t help me and closed my ticket after 6 weeks.
When i want to start a new game, no matter if singleplayer or multiplayer or trying to join an existing game: the orange play button keeps saying "patching".

I hope you guys can help me. I truely miss this game.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Problems upon returning to this game

Post by HooCairs »

Usually when it says Patching, restarting the launcher fixes the issue. But you will have done this many times already.

Possible solutions:
- Go to %appdata%\Roaming and delete LauncherSettings_live.cfg & TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg
- Request Steam to verify the game files
- Reinstall game

Welcome back! Hopefully you get it to work!
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

HooCairs wrote:Usually when it says Patching, restarting the launcher fixes the issue. But you will have done this many times already.

Possible solutions:
- Go to %appdata%\Roaming and delete LauncherSettings_live.cfg & TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg
- Request Steam to verify the game files
- Reinstall game

Welcome back! Hopefully you get it to work!

Thanks.

But sadly these fixes didn´t work either :(
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Just try to uninstall/reinstall the game.
Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

Already did that several times
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

You said you haven't played for a long time... How long has it been? And how are you trying to start the game?
You said when you "open the Launcher" you have to sign in each time. Are you trying to go through a shortcut on your computer or through the website?

Have you tried starting the game by going through the Steam icon?
-When you right click the Steam icon (showing in the bottom right, near the computer's clock), "theHunter Classic" should appear on the list. Click on that to start the game.

If it's been a very long time since you played, is it possible you have a shortcut to the game from before it was moved to Steam?
And, if the game isn't attached to your Steam account, and/or if Steam isn't running on your computer, I'm sure that would be causing a problem. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

splainin2do wrote:You said you haven't played for a long time... How long has it been? And how are you trying to start the game?
You said when you "open the Launcher" you have to sign in each time. Are you trying to go through a shortcut on your computer or through the website?

Have you tried starting the game by going through the Steam icon?
-When you right click the Steam icon (showing in the bottom right, near the computer's clock), "theHunter Classic" should appear on the list. Click on that to start the game.

If it's been a very long time since you played, is it possible you have a shortcut to the game from before it was moved to Steam?
And, if the game isn't attached to your Steam account, and/or if Steam isn't running on your computer, I'm sure that would be causing a problem. :)
My last hunt was on 2021-09-15 and i always started the game using steam. No shortcuts. An i always kept the game updated. I Also close all VPN programs before starting the game.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Maybe one more thing to try.

Disconnect your theHunter account from Steam: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Steam#Disconnecting
Then reconnect: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Steam ... am_Account

This might resolve the re-login annoyance, and maybe even your main issue.
Last edited by HooCairs on February 2nd, 2023, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Ok, is there any chance Steam has got a little problem going on with this game? On that same icon, click Settings-Downloads then "Clear Download Cache". As I understand, sometimes an issue there can cause problems with games starting, too.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

As far as having to re-login.The launcher is Google Chrome based, you could try this:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7665664
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”