low fps on rogarou bayou

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

low fps on rogarou bayou

Post by PardalAlgarve »

Hey guys it seems that my game is limited in this map why? Vertical sync is off in game and nvidia control panel, why it doesn't limit the gpu or cpu usage? Im using a i5 6500 and a 1060 6gb with 16gb ddr4.
https://i.ibb.co/cXT28mj/fps-test.png
KorneliooS

Re: low fps on rogarou bayou

Post by KorneliooS »

Hi there. Yeah, I am asking the same question. RX570 and frames dropped to 35fps in Rogarou Bayou, Timbergold especially where ptarmigans are. I would like to know how or why developers cannot implement a Vulcan API. Another question is whether the game is running on DX11 (.dll are present in the folder) or still on DX9? Anyone tested this method DXVK to run on Vulkan? (https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases). Maybe is a 'special' trick - for example, run in compatibility mode? I did a lot of tests and my solutions are ending.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

It is not hardware issue. More than sure it has something to do with birds, in particular Ptarmigans, although it is also cause by ducks and geese to a lesser extent.
Refer to this post: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=93317
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

I did find a solution to the massive FPS drop. And its counterintuitive: Set Shadows to Very High. That fixed it for me, after battling for years with low fps both in High, Medium and Low Shadows!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Luziano wrote:I did find a solution to the massive FPS drop. And its counterintuitive: Set Shadows to Very High. That fixed it for me, after battling for years with low fps both in High, Medium and Low Shadows!
That *is* counterintuitive.... and I plan on trying that myself to see how that helps in Picabeen! :shock:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I may have to try that on TGT. I get massive lag when I try to use the trap shoot range at the lodge or when I try to shoot at white tailed ptarmigans with the forest behind them.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Bonedigger777 wrote:I may have to try that on TGT. I get massive lag when I try to use the trap shoot range at the lodge or when I try to shoot at white tailed ptarmigans with the forest behind them.
Nope. I set shadows to Very High and I was walking in super slow motion just getting to the clay shooting range.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Sad to hear that. That fixed it up for me.

Still, to the OP I do experience some kind of FPS limit on Rougarou Bayou, in that map I barely get my fps over 45, when the other reserves I run pretty much at 60. Unless there are turkeys around, in which case I drop back at 40.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”