Unable to start a game

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Mattb85
Spotter

Unable to start a game

Post by Mattb85 »

I was just in a multiplayer game and I left to start a single player game for the last wild boar mission... now I can't create a game of any kind. When I go to "hunt now" and click on either single or multi player, it will bring up a dark blue square (where the map should be) and nothing else. Everything else in the launcher, such as the store and my profile are working fine. I restarted the launcher and even my computer but nothing seems to fix the issue. It looks like I'm still able to join other people's multiplayer games but cannot create a game of my own.

Any advice?

Thank you
-Matt
BCKidd

Re: Unable to start a game

Post by BCKidd »

Clear your Game Cache and Launcher Cache- from theHunter Launcher in settings. Then restart. Maybe that will clear up the issue. Good luck. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Mattb85 wrote:I was just in a multiplayer game and I left to start a single player game for the last wild boar mission... now I can't create a game of any kind. When I go to "hunt now" and click on either single or multi player, it will bring up a dark blue square (where the map should be) and nothing else. Everything else in the launcher, such as the store and my profile are working fine. I restarted the launcher and even my computer but nothing seems to fix the issue. It looks like I'm still able to join other people's multiplayer games but cannot create a game of my own.
I also get the "dark blue square" syndrome at times. Sometimes you can join a multi game, other times if you click to join a multi game then no host/player names or "Join Game" option appear in the right "Game Details" pane. Usually the problem appears when the launcher doesn't load one or more images in the main startup window. As someone whose internet connection varies from not bad to outright atrocious I think it's a communication issue with the server. My solution is Launch game, wait a few seconds, then try and launch a single player game. If you get the blue square, then close the launcher and try again. On a bad day it can take 6-8 such attempts to get it to work. If it slowly starts loading icons onto the map (lodges, tents, stands, etc) before the map textures load then you should be good to go in a few seconds. A flat out blue square at the outset says abandon and retry.

If you play the game a lot and nothing else on Steam the simply leave the launcher open at the end of a hunt, and you can avoid such hassle completely. That's why my Steam profile says I've played 6400+ hours, whereas about a third of that is just leaving the launcher open. A drawback to this strategy is if you move tents around or place new ones, and want to start a new hunt from one, since new tents wont show up on the map until you shut down and restart the launcher. Other than that it works a treat.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I started having that and a number of issues after the last Steam update. It takes several refreshes/restarts of the launcher before the maps will show for a single player game. I tried to tax a Sambar when collecting it and it told me I didn't have enough em$ (I had plenty). I then tried to tax it in my last hunt history in the launcher and it didn't even show the option to tax it. In a regular browser I had no problem taxing it. When I go to the loadout menu in game at a lodge or tent the loadout list is blank. If I try to manage my trophy lodge in the launcher I get the woodpecker ate it message. I have no problem accessing it in a regular browser though. I've cleared my game cache and launcher cache a couple times, verified my local files a couple times, and even restarted my computer and reset my network settings. Still having the same issues. :(
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

It looks like the Halloween update fixed all the issues I was having with the launcher. The maps load right away, my loadouts always show, and I haven't had any problems taxing animals in game. Good job team, whatever you did.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”