FPS drop on Hemmeldal

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
awdre

FPS drop on Hemmeldal

Post by awdre »

Hey. I get a lot of framedrops on Hemmeldal and this map only, and I belive it is especially because of the Willow Ptarmigans. I remember back when there were no Ptarmigans on this map and it was no problem. Hemmeldal is my favourite map and will most likely be my favourite forever, but the FPS dropping kills it a little. I only get FPS drops on the western side of the map, where you can encounter the ptarmigans.
jase79

Re: FPS drop on Hemmeldal

Post by jase79 »

hi

yeah i get this with packs of wolves and turkeys too. and sometimes even with elks when there are many animals.

my pc isn't that bad and it happens even in 1024x768 low details potato mode so i think it's a flaw in the game engine.

from my experience the only thing that helps is reducing the scene complexity. also it helps (marginally) to set in your GPU control panel "maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1.

that helped me for the most part but fps drops aren't completely vanished
Luziano
Hunter

Re: FPS drop on Hemmeldal

Post by Luziano »

Yes. Same here. Decent enough hardware to run the game maxxed, yet every now and then I get massive FPS drops. I think it has something to do with HERD Behaviour AI. I noticed the FPS drops are related to large group of animals, either wolves, coyotes, but particularly birds (Ptarmigans usually).

I came to this conclusion since if you shoot a rifle and spook everything in the render radius, lags goes out! (So do animals unfortunately...)

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”